Protective Female Hygiene Tips During Monsoons
Prevent vaginal infections
Are you aware vaginal infections increase during monsoons? This season brings along deadly microbes and infections. Women need to be careful, especially when they are experiencing ‘that time of the month.’ Women’s infections during monsoon should be taken seriously due to active bacteria, which can create medical issues if ignored.
Lotus Hospitals for women and children works with the best obstetrics and gynaecology doctors in Hyderabad. With experience and skills, they provide female hygiene tips to reduce the risks of vaginal infections. Upon diagnosis, proper treatment is given.
This blog features general hygiene for females during the rainy season. However, it is best to visit a gynaecologist to understand the implications of infections.
Why do infections increase during the rainy season?
It is always important to prevent vaginal infection during the monsoon. The pH level of the vagina increases, thereby, the chances of infection also rise. Most bacteria, fungi and yeast thrive in humid conditions. Those who do not take care may become a victim of bacterial vaginosis. Humidity after the rains result in excessive sweating, discomfort and constant irritation. If cleanliness is not practised, it can result in medical problems.
Vaginal infections, especially in the rain are caused by:
- Various kinds of microorganisms lead to bacterial and Fungal infection
- Fungal Infection
- Viral Infection
- Parasitic Infestetion
- Applications which are irritants like spray or douches.
Typical symptoms to be aware of women’s infections during monsoon are mentioned below.
- Vaginal discharge, which may get thick or curdy. It could also be yellowish and have a bad odour.
- Soreness in the region during to itchiness or constant scratching.
- Rashes in the nearby parts.
- Swelling or burning sensation. It happens while passing urine or after intercourse.
What do the doctors suggest to maintain general hygiene for females?
- Women should use mild pH-balanced washes or soaps to clean their private parts.
- Cotton underwear is This fabric absorbs moisture, and the area does not remain wet. In the absence of dampness, there are fewer chances of soreness.
- During that ‘time of the month’, take extra care to remain dry. Poor hygiene during periods raises the risks of infection and fungi.
- Change tampons or sanitary napkins at intervals.
- Never wear wet clothes for long. They should be removed once you reach home.
- Use clean towels to pat dry as the skin around is sensitive.
- It is also important to drink water and remain hydrated.
- Boost the immunity with the right foods. Avoid street food which is spicy.
- Wear breathable apparel and avoid tight clothes.
Consult our obstetrics and gynaecology doctors
Lotus Hospitals is completely dedicated to serving women and children in Hyderabad. Experienced doctors are available for consultations, pelvic examination and prescribing medicines. They are skilled doctors and recommend patients to eat the right foods. It is an integral part of exercising feminine hygiene during monsoon season.
Examinations and checkups
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms this monsoon season,make an appointment with the doctor. There will be a few examinations to get the diagnosis right. A pelvic examination is conducted for traces of infection or fungi. If the discharge is yellow or curdy, it will be tested in the lab. In case your partner is infected and you do not show visible symptoms, mention it to the doctor.
Women in the post-menopausal phase may have a dry vagina. Itchiness is common in these cases. As part of female hygiene tips, oestrogen creams are recommended by the doctor. With a suitable diagnosis, the treatment is usually successful.
Control of infection
Some infections can be prevented but not all. The best way is to be careful during the monsoons. The vagina has protective bacteria, and it should not be destroyed by douching. Pubic hair plays an important role in protection, and it can be kept clean to avoid diseases. Wet wipes contain harmful chemicals and should be avoided. It is also important to urinate before and after intercourse to stop harmful bacteria from spreading. Avoid female hygiene washes, which create an imbalance in the pH levels.
The probiotic diet
As it is important to maintain the pH balance, curd is the best answer. It can be a part of the diet to reduce risks. Avoid spicy food and change your lifestyle to remain in good health. Do not to self-medicate if any symptoms appear. A doctor is required for diagnosis and to give a proper course of treatment. And. Don’t forget to enjoy the rain, safely!